Why hello there,

welcome to Potpourri (noun,. A miscellaneous anthology or collection)
post a comment, subscribe....feed my fish have a good time :) :)
sit back and relax as i blog about a miscellaneous collection of the little(or big) things in life!)

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Last Day

Whats a trip to upstate New York without whitewater rafting!!!
we rafted with Wild Waters Outfitters and well, it was my faveroite part of
the vacation! We signed up for the all day one so lunch and dinner were included
We lanuched at around 10:30 a.m with all 4 other boats.
The trip started off with gong over the equipment and commands but the fun part
was up next...we paddled our way thorugh class 2&3 rapids and with a couple of "HOLEY COWS!" were off Indian Lake (where we launched from) and into the Hudson.Soon after we ate and because of my brothers SEVERE PEANUT allegry we got to bring a lunch anf epipen for him which were kept in the guides dry bag :) .
After lunch we started hitting the serious rapids which were even more fun then the fisrt ones!
Soon our boat was in fisrt place and we were about 3 miles away from the pickup site...
Thats when we heard a crack of thunder and the first few raindrops hit our noses.
then well,the wind started to blow and the hevans opened up (i knew we shouldnt have been commenting of the lovely weather!)
When we were done we were shivering and shaking as much as a person in a bathing suit could shake but we all warmed up after the bus driver dropped us off
all in all the rafting trip desvers 5 stars because it was just that amazing



Summary of trip
other places we went
Olive Garden*
The Barnsider**
Pirate Adventure golf***


*-food was good...service wasnt 2 stars
**-excellent food and service--4 and a half stars
***-SO MUCH FUN!! had a grat time there as well


Ciao Bella
Callie-Co<3

2 comments:

  1. hey there~ ^^

    I saw your comment and decided to checkout your blog immediately. Your trip sounded amazing~~ You know, I named my business after my kitten, Skyla! I adopted her from a humane society and she is about 5 months old and I loooooove her!

    Thanks for your kind words about my work! I'm glad someone is looking at it and that I'm not posting blogs for invisible people! lol~

    First of all, I went to Occidental College, a 4-year college and did not attend a special makeup school. Amongst the artists I know, some went to school, and some didn't - and some did and told me it was not worth it. For me, I've been doing visual arts since I was 5, and when I was younger my medium was painting, print-making, and drawing. Then I started using photography and makeup. Fine arts training is what "trained" me for makeup. I also interned at a high-end salon and assisted a senior makeup artist. I don't know how old you are but if you can "work" you can try to apply for an internship or unpaid assistance jobs with a makeup artist in your area. You might just be cleaning or something in the beginning but watching him/her apply makeup and then practicing on yourself or your friends will be a very good start! =) Sorry I didn't want to make this too long! But hello there, I'm liz, nice to meet you! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go white water river rafting! Sounds like you all had a good time! I'll have to try it next summer ;)

    ReplyDelete

keep it clean..if you disagree with something let me know and ill blog about the other side of what evr i have blogged about....please be a nice person here